Barton Associates is currently seeking an infrastructure engineer. The infrastructure engineer’s role is to
provide engineering and Tier 2 level support to the Tier 1 team, its members, and end-users. This individual will
be responsible for effective provisioning, installation and configuration, daily operation, and maintenance of
hardware, software and related infrastructure systems. This individual will ensure that system hardware,
operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to the organization’s values while ensuring
confidentiality, integrity, and availability.
● Manage multiple projects simultaneously
● Author and maintain detailed documentation of operational processes, procedures, and standards
● Installation, configuration, and maintenance of infrastructure including: Windows and Linux servers, firewalls, switches, and applicable infrastructure.
● Create and manage virtual environments in VMware and AWS
● Monitor network and server performance to ensure high availability and exceptional performance standards.
● Support and train other team members on applications and processes
● Respond to requests for technical assistance in person, via phone and electronically
● 3+ years of experience supporting or maintaining infrastructure with enterprise
● Strong troubleshooting abilities and excellent organizational, time management, and service delivery skills
● Must be able to quickly diagnose problems and implement solutions to maintain uninterrupted service
● Passionate about customer service and ensuring satisfaction
● Self-Starter who can work effectively independently or within a team
● Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities, and meet tight deadlines
● Knowledge in at least two of the following four areas: VMware, Ubiquiti Networking, Avaya Aura, Google Apps for Business, or Amazon Web Services.
Barton Associates specializes in providing the healthcare industry with best-in-class staffing (Locum Tenens) services throughout the United States. Since its inception, Barton has prided itself on building exceptional relationships with both its clients and providers, all of which originates from their world-class training program and strong commitment to their employees.
Locum tenens, a latin term meaning “holding the place,” is a $3.9 billion industry that is projected to reach $6.2, billion in the next 5 years. As our industry continues its rapid growth path, Barton Associates is poised to grow along with it. In 2001, Barton Associates was founded in a small office in Massachusetts’ North Shore. Since then, the company has grown to over 700 employees in 10 offices across 7 states (Massachusetts, Florida, Connecticut, Texas, New Hampshire, Arizona, and Nevada) with more on the horizon.